Monday, June 23, 2008

Seven phrases you can never say in advertising.


George Carlin died yesterday. He was, perhaps, most famous for his spiel "7 words you can never say on television." The original seven words were, shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, and tits.

That got me thinking about the seven phrases we can never say in advertising, some to bosses, some to subordinates, some to clients, some to our children.

"No actually the team came up with this. It was their idea. All I did was ok it. I'm not putting my name on the award submission. It was all them."

"I think the client is right on this one."

"It doesn't make sense to do TV for this."

"It's my fault. I fucked up."

"Yes, I was the ECD on that 'Sunny D' commercial."

"Man, that was one terrific, insight-laden brief."

"I'm only staying late so people think I'm busy. I play ping-pong all day."

Please add your own.

1 comment:

hellisempty said...

Online? It's a fad. Local newspaper lineage ads are where we should be, with your demographic.