Monday, March 21, 2011

Clarity of thought.

Sometimes your work--your writing--makes a statement even if it says nothing. If your writing is unclear, it says your mind is unclear or that you don't care enough to make things clear.

I just received a power point (where, often, writing has no power and makes no point) from a client. In response I wrote the words below.

Just for a lark, for no real substantial or important reason, or, better for no real or substantial set of reasons, I decided I would write a blog post with a 93 word sentence because I just received from a client, in a power point, naturally, a positioning statement that was of that ungainly and nearly incomprehensible length, of course, in this sentence, I had the decency to punctuate, to set up subordinate clauses which hopefully make this a bit easier to read than their positioning, but I’m sure you get the point.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

somehow that worked for kerouac