Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What's been lost.

Last week I did something I seldom do.

Eeeeeek.

I went to a party.

Worse than that.

A party at a music house.

I had reasons for attending. I have a long-time friend there.

And I have another friend at the music house for whom I'm doing a great deal of after-hours work.

So, I kinda had to go.

This is a big music house.

One of the biggest.

And they'd always had a gleaming and magnificent space.

No more.

They're just as big as ever.

But they no longer need a lot of space.

They no longer have recording studios.

They hardly have accommodations for agency people.

Everything is done "tele."

As in faraway.

There's no connection with the composer and musicians.

There's no real-time interaction.

Of course, there was music playing during the party.

And I realized that it was the first time in about five years that I'd heard music on giant speakers.

Today, we hear things on buds. Or on dime-sized laptop speakers.

We have lost something in the name of speed and efficiency.

We have lost our senses.

We have lost our ability to "feel" the work.

Instead, I believe, we examine things more clinically.

At a distance.

I know the shibboleths of our modern era.

Speed. Efficiency. Inexpensiveness.

We've lost something along the way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Профессиональная [url=http://www.conditioner03.ru/] установка кондиционеров
[/url] в Москкве недорого. Кондициоенры сплит системы ецнпы.
Заправка кондиционера.
Обслуживание кондиционеров. [url=http://www.conditioner03.ru/]
установка кондиционеров дома[/url]

Anonymous said...

The rig that runs Crysis at 68 FPS will get close to a hundred on older or less demanding games.
The first thing you must do is to separate the amount of money that you want to play with.
He then becomes more superstitious and does not realize that it was his subconscious that made him lose the game.


Also visit my web page - spiele

Anonymous said...

На на сервере [url= http://www.spavoda.ru/news/133/]Международная выставка с большим количеством участником[/url]. И другие косметологические услуги.

KL said...

Cheap, fast, good. You still only get to pick two.